[Discontinued] Switch Break-in Machine 3×3 RB (V2)
Rainbow sherbet mystery edition - The plate, pusher, main body are a combination of 3 random colors - mango orange, ice blue, dragonfruit pink, lime green, mint, banana, snow white, avocado green. Keycaps are in yellow or white
Speed can be adjusted (with speed controller accessory) for this one with the speed controller add-on, but don't let it get too hot. Because of the summer heat, it is recommended to put this in a well ventilated place, ideally with a fan pointed at it as well.
If the motors break within 1 month of you receiving the unit, I could provide replacements, but I won't be able to help after that time period (I have no way of knowing how long you've been running it for
Each gear box/motor will last ~650hrs of run time, purchase spare parts here
RB stands for roller-bearing, There are 2 bearings located under the pusher to minimize wear and contact area
Smaller than previous 3x3 model
2 units per customer
Break-in your switches automatically with the Feng Studio BIM 3×3
Ships in 2 weeks
No order cancellations or combinations- make up your mind before paying and add extra accessories to cart before participating in the drop
- Avocado edition is a limited colorway that will only run once, future versions will use different colors. Only cosmetic differences.
- Pre-assembled machine
- Switch plates * 2
- Keycaps * 18 with a few spares
- Spare buffer pieces * 2
- Back to the single bearing system
- Off center module integrated into machine body - no need to attach a separate part.
- Fully adjustable buffer pieces to accommodate most (if not all) long pole mx style switches.
- New wheel stabilization bearing to limit gear box stem wobble and wear
In Centered Mode:
- Holds 36 switches in total - 18 on each plate
In Off-Center Mode:
- Holds 18 switches in total - 9 on each plate
- Requires keycaps, switches needs to be broken in on all 4 sides to be effective (by rotating the plate 90 degrees each time)
Use =<70g bottom out switches only when all plate cutouts are filled (18 for off center, 36 for centered). Switches needs to be removed if they are above 70g bottom out.
Compatible Accessories (Can be shipped together):
- Actuation Counter
- USB timer Max overclock of 6-7v is recommended depending on room temperature and ventilation
Can be ordered with:
- Plate support fork
- Do not order this with display stands. Orders containing both machines and display stands will be cancelled and you will be charged a fee by shopify.
Off center mode – applies more force to the side of the switch by pressing on the side of the keycap (one side at a time, the user rotates the switch plate to break in the other sides).
- The machine is quite loud, you’d definitely want to place it in another room when running it. I suggest placing a cardboard box over it to slightly block out the sound. Unfortunately I do not have any ways to demonstrate the noise level.
Carbon brush motor – more durable than copper.
Injection molded gear box w/ nylon gears (not made by me obviously).
240+-10%APM with all switches installed – speed changes based on amount of switches & spring weight. There might be variations in speed, it is suggested that the user measure the speed themselves based on what switches are used.
Fully assembled and ready to use out of the box.
Pre-lubricated with grease.
Female USB type c connector with printed housing – soldered by myself, secured with hot glue.
Wire connection to the motor is soldered then secured with hot glue.
Compatible with any 5V 1A USB wall plug/device port/power bank.
- Wheel, handle, keycaps, spare buffer and USB housing might come in different colors like black/white/blue/etc. All other components will be the same color as pictured.
- Instructions here.
- Acceptable quality standards (old pictures)